Cyclone Phailin: One dead in Bhubaneswar as heavy rains lash Odisha
One woman has died in Bhubaneswar after a tree fell on her during heavy rains as cyclone Phailin approaches the Odisha coast.
Bhubaneswar: One woman has died in Bhubaneswar after a tree fell on her during heavy rains as cyclone Phailin approaches the Odisha coast. High speed winds and rains have also affected electric poles and Durga puja pandals in Bhubaneswar.
Four teams consisting of approximately 500 Army men have been moved to the coastal districts with relief material and medical arrangement. The columns are equipped with mechanical powered boats, life jackets, life saving medicine including other rescue material.
The Met department has said that the cyclone is expected to remain as a very severe cyclonic storm for six hours after hitting the coast. It is currently 200 km southeast of Gopalpur, Odisha.
As per the IMD officials, the wind speed is expected go up to 210 to 240 km per hour.
- Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series At Eden, Regain No.1 Spot
- Not Easy for Off-Colour Martin Guptill to be Aggressive in Subcontinent: Anil Kumble
- Cricket Association of Bengal Installs Bell at Eden Gardens Ahead of Second Test
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms