DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Cyclone Phailin: One dead in Bhubaneswar as heavy rains lash Odisha
One woman has died in Bhubaneswar after a tree fell on her during heavy rains as cyclone Phailin approaches the Odisha coast.
Bhubaneswar: One woman has died in Bhubaneswar after a tree fell on her during heavy rains as cyclone Phailin approaches the Odisha coast. High speed winds and rains have also affected electric poles and Durga puja pandals in Bhubaneswar.
Four teams consisting of approximately 500 Army men have been moved to the coastal districts with relief material and medical arrangement. The columns are equipped with mechanical powered boats, life jackets, life saving medicine including other rescue material.
The Met department has said that the cyclone is expected to remain as a very severe cyclonic storm for six hours after hitting the coast. It is currently 200 km southeast of Gopalpur, Odisha.
As per the IMD officials, the wind speed is expected go up to 210 to 240 km per hour.
Recommended For You
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Did Priyanka Just Talk About Her Relationship With SRK?
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh Joins Squad After Illness
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong