DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Cyclone Thane to cross TN coast on Friday
Cyclone Thane over the Bay of Bengal lay centred about 250 km east-southeast of Chennai.
Chennai: The severe cyclonic storm Thane is expected to cross the north Tamil Nadu coast between Nagapattinam and Chennai, close to Puducherry early Friday morning, the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said Thursday.
Cyclone Thane over the Bay of Bengal lay centred about 250 km east-southeast of Chennai and 270 km east of Puducherry.
Under the influence of the cyclone, isolated rain is predicted over north Tamil Nadu and Puducherry till Saturday afternoon. Rain is also predicted over south coastal Andhra Pradesh and Rayalaseema.
Squally winds with speed reaching 55-65 kmph gusting to 75 kmph are likely along and off north Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and south Andhra Pradesh coasts.
The wind speed will increase gradually, becoming 110-120 kmph gusting to 135 kmph along and off north Tamil Nadu and adjoining south Andhra Pradesh coast from Thursday night, an IMD bulletin here said.
Fishermen along north Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and south Andhra Pradesh coasts have been advised not to venture into the sea till Saturday afternoon as the conditions will be rough.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan