Cyril Almeida's Name Will be Removed from ECL After Probe, Says Pak
The inquiry will take 3-4 days after which “everyone will be allowed to travel freely.”
TV grab of Pakistani journalist Cyril Almeida's photo.
New Delhi: Life on an exit control list could be listless. But thank god for Twitter, which Dawn Journalist Cyril Almeida is using to communicate to the world outside. Pakistan’s Interior Minister
Chaudhry Nisar held a press conference in Islamabad this evening where he announced that an inquiry will be conducted into how Almeida got onto the ECL in the first place. The inquiry will take 3-4 days after which “everyone will be allowed to travel freely.”
Chaudhry Nisar said that had the government not grounded Almeida, they would have been blamed for letting him go because he had plans of traveling abroad. He also said that the Indian media was using the report to verify the Indian narrative of Pakistan’s dealings with non-state actors.
Meanwhile Almeida was active on Twitter the whole day.
Recommended For You
- Soorma: Sandeep Singh On Training Diljit Dosanjh & The Message He Wants To Convey Through His Biopic
- Pakistan Cricket's Structure Needs Improvement, Talent is There: Shoaib Akhtar
- Hyderabad Police Issue Notice to Oru Adaar Love Director for Hurting Sentiments
- Salute: SRK Expected to Start Shooting for Rakesh Sharma Biopic In September 2018
- The Legend of Burnt Wine a.k.a Brandy Came From the Blandest of French Grapes