Cyril Almeida's Name Will be Removed from ECL After Probe, Says Pak
The inquiry will take 3-4 days after which “everyone will be allowed to travel freely.”
TV grab of Pakistani journalist Cyril Almeida's photo.
New Delhi: Life on an exit control list could be listless. But thank god for Twitter, which Dawn Journalist Cyril Almeida is using to communicate to the world outside. Pakistan’s Interior Minister
Chaudhry Nisar held a press conference in Islamabad this evening where he announced that an inquiry will be conducted into how Almeida got onto the ECL in the first place. The inquiry will take 3-4 days after which “everyone will be allowed to travel freely.”
Chaudhry Nisar said that had the government not grounded Almeida, they would have been blamed for letting him go because he had plans of traveling abroad. He also said that the Indian media was using the report to verify the Indian narrative of Pakistan’s dealings with non-state actors.
Meanwhile Almeida was active on Twitter the whole day.
Recommended For You
- Harbhajan Shuts Down Former IPS Questioning Lack of Muslims in Indian Team
- Bigg Boss 11: Amid Heated Twitter Exchange, Gauahar Khan Asks Who Is Rohan Mehra?
- I Was a Rascal Who Cared Only For Himself: Nawazuddin In His Memoir
- Tata Motors RACEMO Bags 2018 German Design Award
- Hardik Pandya, Chahal, Manish and Axar Reach Pune in Style