'D Day' does not glorify underworld: Arjun Rampal
Arjun Rampal insists that his upcoming movie 'D Day', which is reportedly modelled on underworld don Dawood Ibrahim.
Mumbai: Actor Arjun Rampal insists that his upcoming movie 'D Day', which is reportedly modelled on underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, does not glamorise or glorify any underworld person.
Veteran actor Rishi Kapoor plays a negative role in the film, while Rampal essays the character of an ex-officer of an Indian Armed Forces unit. Actor Irrfan Khan plays an undercover RAW official and Huma Qureshi an explosive expert.
"We did not glamorise or glorify any underworld person. The film is about Irrfan, Huma and me who go to Karachi to bring the most wanted man in India. It is about their story," Arjun said.
Sharing similar sentiments, director Nikhil Advani said, "The film is not about underworld, it is not about bhaigiri. It is a spy thriller... There are RAW agents. It is about four patriots who go to bring back India's most wanted man."
Arjun is happy with the response the film's promos has received.
"We got lot of positivity after releasing the first look. As it appears as a different story, there is interest among the audience about the film," he said.
Though, several films have been made involving RAW agents, Irrfan insists 'D Day' is different and a step ahead of others.
"The nuances of that profession is shown in detail in the film. People will get to know as to how the intelligence services operate... Like how they pass information, an advertisement is placed in a newspaper, how things are
decoded," Irrfan said.
"My character has his own life, has family. They never reveal anything even to the closest of people," he said.
The film opens in theatres on July 19.
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- SRK Turns Into a DJ for Radio Show and His First Mix Will Leave You in Splits
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets