DA case: Jagan's judicial remand extended till Dec 19
Jaganmohan Reddy was arrested by CBI on corruption charges and is presently lodged in Chanchalguda prison.
Hyderabad: A special CBI court here on Wednesday extended till December 19 the judicial remand of YSR Congress Party president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy and other accused in connection with the alleged disproportionate assets case involving him. Jaganmohan Reddy, arrested by CBI on corruption charges and presently lodged in Chanchalguda prison here, was produced under heavy security before the First Additional Special Judge for CBI cases, along with former AP minister Mopidevi Venkata Ramana Rao, industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and others.
The court extended their judicial custody by another fourteen days. AP minister Dhramana Prasad Rao, who is also an accused in the case, appeared before the court. The CBI court had on Tuesday dismissed the bail application of Jaganmohan Reddy. He has moved another bail plea in the Andhra Pradesh High Court, which will come up for hearing on December 11.
In another development, the court extended the judicial remand of former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, his brother-in-law B V Srinivas Reddy and another accused Mehfuz Ali Khan in the illegal mining case involving Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) till December 19. The court also extended the judicial remand of some of the accused, including Sunil Reddy, in the Emaar scandal.
- Honest Officers Being Removed Systematically: Kejriwal
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- PM Modi Understands Pain of Our People: Baloch leader
- PM Modi Appreciates Those Revealing Undisclosed Income
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi