Dabangg 2: Sohail wants the film to succeed for Arbaaz
Sohail is also hopeful that Salman's dream run of hits will continue
Mumbai: Actor and filmmaker Sohail Khan is hopeful for 'Dabangg 2' and wants that the film, which has come out Friday, to turn out to be a big release for his brother Arbaaz Khan, who debuts as a director with the action comedy. "We are hopeful, but, ultimately, it's the audience's verdict. Arbaaz Bhai has worked very hard," said the youngest of the Khan brothers, adding that the debutant director has had to contend with the fact that Dabangg was a huge hit.
"I truly want that Dabangg 2's release proves to be a big and fruitful release for Arbaaz," said Sohail at the premiere of the film in the city.
'Dabangg 2', a sequel to 2010 hit 'Dabangg', once again features Salman Khan and Sonakshi Sinha in the lead roles.
He is also hopeful that Salman's dream run of hits will continue, saying: "Inshallah, Salman Bhai has given many hits in his career and will continue with that."
Also present at the event was the debutant director's wife Malaika Arora Khan, who performed the hit item number 'Munni badnam hui' in 'Dabangg'. And she does not want any comparisons between the two films.
"I am happy that people are liking it and that's all I care. Whether you like 'Munni' more or 'Fevicol' more, 'D1' or 'D2' (is not important). People are liking it, that's more important," said the style icon and model.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Hindustan Copper stake sale today, base price is Rs 70 per share