Daler Mehndi detained by I-T officials
Pop singer Daler Mehndi, who was in Surat to perform at a local engineering college, was detained by Income Tax officials on Saturday.
New Delhi: Pop singer Daler Mehndi, who was in Surat to perform at a local engineering college, was detained by Income Tax officials on Saturday.
Sources in the department said that the Income Tax officials had taken Mehndi to an "undisclosed" location.
This is not the first time that Mehndi has been taken in for questioning. In October last year, he was summoned by a local court in Patiala in connection with an immigration fraud case.
Mehndi had been arrested by the Patiala Police in October 2003 along with his brother Shamsher after Bakshish Singh filed a complaint that he was duped of a huge sum of money by Mehndi brothers.
The complainant alleged that the Mehndi brothers had taken lakhs of rupees from him on the pretext of sending him abroad as a member of the troupe of Daler Mehndi.
(With agency inputs)
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Indo-Pak matches filled with emotions, Says Pakistan Hockey Coach Khawaja Junaid
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 2 in Abu Dhabi
- Pakistan Likely to Announce Name of New Army Chief in a Week
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
From Our Network
- Rising MNS is bad news for Shiv Sena: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil agitation helped BJP to counter its bitter ally- FirstPost
- Ramdev pegs 200% growth for Patanjali this year; promises big ticket investment in Madhya Pradesh - Pradesh18
- CM Nitish Kumar wishes speedy recovery to injured Mamata Banerjee’s nephew - Pradesh18