DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Daler Mehndi detained by I-T officials
Pop singer Daler Mehndi, who was in Surat to perform at a local engineering college, was detained by Income Tax officials on Saturday.
New Delhi: Pop singer Daler Mehndi, who was in Surat to perform at a local engineering college, was detained by Income Tax officials on Saturday.
Sources in the department said that the Income Tax officials had taken Mehndi to an "undisclosed" location.
This is not the first time that Mehndi has been taken in for questioning. In October last year, he was summoned by a local court in Patiala in connection with an immigration fraud case.
Mehndi had been arrested by the Patiala Police in October 2003 along with his brother Shamsher after Bakshish Singh filed a complaint that he was duped of a huge sum of money by Mehndi brothers.
The complainant alleged that the Mehndi brothers had taken lakhs of rupees from him on the pretext of sending him abroad as a member of the troupe of Daler Mehndi.
(With agency inputs)
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes