DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Dalmiya's riposte: Pawar & co embezzled Rs 240 crores
Accuses the BCCI of misappropriating funds in a television rights deal.
Kolkata: It's the BCCI versus Jagmohan Dalmiya. The former cricket board chief has filed an FIR against the BCCI's top brass accusing them of embezzlement.
Dalmiya has filed the case against Sharad Pawar and Niranjan Shah among others. He has accused the cricket body of misappropriating funds of Rs 240 crores in a television rights deal.
The Calcutta High Court will now be hearing the case of the 18th of April. Dalmiya's retaliation comes just days after he was arrested and then released on anticipatory bail in Mumbai. He was facing charges of misappropriating funds to the tune of 2.9 crore rupees during the 1996 world cup.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London