Dalmiya's riposte: Pawar & co embezzled Rs 240 crores
Accuses the BCCI of misappropriating funds in a television rights deal.
Kolkata: It's the BCCI versus Jagmohan Dalmiya. The former cricket board chief has filed an FIR against the BCCI's top brass accusing them of embezzlement.
Dalmiya has filed the case against Sharad Pawar and Niranjan Shah among others. He has accused the cricket body of misappropriating funds of Rs 240 crores in a television rights deal.
The Calcutta High Court will now be hearing the case of the 18th of April. Dalmiya's retaliation comes just days after he was arrested and then released on anticipatory bail in Mumbai. He was facing charges of misappropriating funds to the tune of 2.9 crore rupees during the 1996 world cup.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category