Dalmiya's riposte: Pawar & co embezzled Rs 240 crores
Accuses the BCCI of misappropriating funds in a television rights deal.
Kolkata: It's the BCCI versus Jagmohan Dalmiya. The former cricket board chief has filed an FIR against the BCCI's top brass accusing them of embezzlement.
Dalmiya has filed the case against Sharad Pawar and Niranjan Shah among others. He has accused the cricket body of misappropriating funds of Rs 240 crores in a television rights deal.
The Calcutta High Court will now be hearing the case of the 18th of April. Dalmiya's retaliation comes just days after he was arrested and then released on anticipatory bail in Mumbai. He was facing charges of misappropriating funds to the tune of 2.9 crore rupees during the 1996 world cup.
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Karan Johar Vs MNS: CM Fadnavis Turns Peacemaker
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals