'Dan Dan' tribute to Rajinikanth's song: RGV
Ram Gopal Varma says that the song 'Dan Dan' is inspired by Rajinikanth's 'Aasai Nooruvagai'
New Delhi: Filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma has put rumours about the item number 'Dan Dan Cheeni' in his upcoming film 'Department' to rest, insisting the song is in fact inspired by Rajinikanth's 'Aasai Nooruvagai'. The 50-year-old director has introduced Indo-Brazilian beauty Nathalia Kaur as item girl in the song, where she is seen shaking her leg with actors Sanjay Dutt and Rana Daggubati.
And Varma has confirmed speculations that 'Dan Dan' is inspired by 'Aasai Nooruvagai', the track composed by Ilayaraja and picturised on the Tamil superstar.
"To answer all speculations yes Nathalia Kaur dan dan song has been inspired from Rajinikanth's song aasai nooruvagai from his film 'Adutha Varisu'."
"The inspiration rights have been taken.. that Rajinikanth song has been one of my all time faviourates and Nathalia Kaur song is a tribute to it," Varma posted on Twitter.
Choreographed by Ganesh Acharya, the music is by composer duo Dharam-Sandeep of 'Rakta Charitra' fame.
"Dharam Sandeep the music directors on my insistence took that 30 second line from the Rajnikant song but rest of song and track is their original," he added.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1