Daniel Craig signs on for 'Dragon Tattoo'
The current star of the James Bond films has signed on for "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" the thriller based on the first novel in the best-selling series from the late author Stieg Larsson.
Los Angeles: Daniel Craig has a new mission. The current star of the James Bond films has signed on for the English-language remake of "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo."
Distributor Sony Pictures confirmed that Craig is taking on the role of journalist Mikael Blomkvist in the thriller based on the first novel in the best-selling series from the late Swedish author Stieg Larsson.
The violent story teams Blomkvist with the title character, Lisbeth Salander, a deeply troubled genius tormented by a terrible childhood, as they delve into the mystery of a missing girl whose disappearance leads them to a string of decades-old murders.
The role of Lisbeth has not yet been cast.
Directed by David Fincher, the film is due in theaters next year.
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show