Daniel Craig signs on for 'Dragon Tattoo'
The current star of the James Bond films has signed on for "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" the thriller based on the first novel in the best-selling series from the late author Stieg Larsson.
Los Angeles: Daniel Craig has a new mission. The current star of the James Bond films has signed on for the English-language remake of "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo."
Distributor Sony Pictures confirmed that Craig is taking on the role of journalist Mikael Blomkvist in the thriller based on the first novel in the best-selling series from the late Swedish author Stieg Larsson.
The violent story teams Blomkvist with the title character, Lisbeth Salander, a deeply troubled genius tormented by a terrible childhood, as they delve into the mystery of a missing girl whose disappearance leads them to a string of decades-old murders.
The role of Lisbeth has not yet been cast.
Directed by David Fincher, the film is due in theaters next year.
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC and National Company Law Tribunal