Danny Boyle: I don't tolerate actor's ego
Filmmaker Danny Boyle says he had once fired an actor for screaming at an assistant bringing him breakfast.
London: Filmmaker Danny Boyle says he had once fired an actor for screaming at an assistant bringing him breakfast.
The 'Trainspotting' filmmaker said he did not even think twice that it would delay production on the project because he has zero tolerance for such outbursts on set, reported Contactmusic.
"I don't tolerate ego ... We had shot quite a lot of material with him already, and firing him was going to hurt the film. But I rang the producer and said, 'We're getting rid of this guy'," he said.
Boyle, 56, who confesses to having an anger problem, did not want to lose his temper with the actor so he did what was best for both of them.
"I have a terrible temper, which I am very frightened of... I can turn chilly - like when I got rid of that actor - and cut off from enthusiasm and affability. I've never been violent, but there's another place, a darker place. I feel
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate
- US Presidential Debate: Bollywood Stars Share Their Opinions on Twitter
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- NASA Denies Changing 2000-Year-Old Zodiac Signs
- NASA Captures Sharpest View of Comet Breaking Apart
- 3 ISS Crew Members Return Earth After Six-Month Trek in Orbit