Dara Singh still critical, undergoes dialysis
The 84-year-old wrestler-actor Dara Singh continues to be very critical and is now undergoing dialysis.
Mumbai: Wrestler-actor Dara Singh continues to be very critical and is now undergoing dialysis, a doctor said. The 84-year-old was taken to the Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital following a severe cardiac problem. He remained critical, and his condition hasn't improved since.
"He is still very critical. His condition has not deteriorated and he is holding up, but he requires a high dose of medication. The problem he came up with during hospitalisation has now affected his kidneys. His kidneys are not functioning the way they should, so we have to put him on dialysis," said Ram Narain, COO, Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital.
Dara Singh, who won the title of 'Rustam-e-Hind' for his wrestling prowess, entered the film world in the 1960s. He appeared in various films like Watan Se Door, Daada, Rustom-E-Baghdad, Sher Dil, Sikandar E Azam, Raaka, Mera Naam Joker and Dharam Karam. He was last seen in a 2007 release Jab We Met. He has also done TV serials and is best known for his portrayal of Hanuman in Ramayan.
- UP Polls: Akhilesh Yadav's 'Vikas Rath Yatra' to Begin from November 3
- Shivpal Invites Nitish Kumar, Sharad Yadav to SP's 25th Anniversary Celebrations, Hints Alliance
- BJP Terms Family Feud in Samajwadi Party as 'Fixed Match'
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Shivpal Yadav Vacates Official Residence
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Windfall for Ace Lawyers As Tata-Mistry Courtroom Battle Set to Prolong
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund