Dara Singh still critical, undergoes dialysis
The 84-year-old wrestler-actor Dara Singh continues to be very critical and is now undergoing dialysis.
Mumbai: Wrestler-actor Dara Singh continues to be very critical and is now undergoing dialysis, a doctor said. The 84-year-old was taken to the Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital following a severe cardiac problem. He remained critical, and his condition hasn't improved since.
"He is still very critical. His condition has not deteriorated and he is holding up, but he requires a high dose of medication. The problem he came up with during hospitalisation has now affected his kidneys. His kidneys are not functioning the way they should, so we have to put him on dialysis," said Ram Narain, COO, Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital.
Dara Singh, who won the title of 'Rustam-e-Hind' for his wrestling prowess, entered the film world in the 1960s. He appeared in various films like Watan Se Door, Daada, Rustom-E-Baghdad, Sher Dil, Sikandar E Azam, Raaka, Mera Naam Joker and Dharam Karam. He was last seen in a 2007 release Jab We Met. He has also done TV serials and is best known for his portrayal of Hanuman in Ramayan.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Aamir Khan's Latest TVC On Gender Equality Is Getting All The Praise It Deserves
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game