DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Darbhanga, Bhopal Ranked Dirtiest Railway Stations
Representative Image. (Image: Reuter)
Bhopal: Just days after it bagged the second spot in Swachhta Survey 2017, Bhopal now has been ranked as the second dirtiest railway station in the country.
The cleanliness index, released by the Ministry of Railways on Wednesday, ranked Darbhanga as the filthiest railway station of all.
“The cleanliness of all stations will be taken care of,” the central spokesperson of West Central Railway Surendra Yadav said.
Secunderabad (Telangana) and Jammu station got the second and third place in the A-1 category. In A category, Khammam came second and Ahmedabad third.
Railway minister Suresh Prabhu said: "Since last year, there had been a significant improvement in cleanliness at stations."
Prabhu further said the biggest challenge for cleanliness on platforms were visitors and passengers.
"The focus is on platform cleanliness, coach cleanliness, toilet cleanliness and track cleanliness," he said.
The cleanliness survey was carried out at 407 stations, of which 75 were in A-1 category or most busy stations and 332 were in A category.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Bangladesh vs Pakistan, Champions Trophy Warm-up, Live From Birmingham
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet