Darbhanga, Bhopal Ranked Dirtiest Railway Stations
Just days after it bagged the second spot in Swachhta Survey 2017, Bhopal now has been ranked as the second dirtiest railway station in the country.
Representative Image. (Image: Reuter)
Bhopal: Just days after it bagged the second spot in Swachhta Survey 2017, Bhopal now has been ranked as the second dirtiest railway station in the country.
The cleanliness index, released by the Ministry of Railways on Wednesday, ranked Darbhanga as the filthiest railway station of all.
“The cleanliness of all stations will be taken care of,” the central spokesperson of West Central Railway Surendra Yadav said.
Secunderabad (Telangana) and Jammu station got the second and third place in the A-1 category. In A category, Khammam came second and Ahmedabad third.
Railway minister Suresh Prabhu said: "Since last year, there had been a significant improvement in cleanliness at stations."
Prabhu further said the biggest challenge for cleanliness on platforms were visitors and passengers.
"The focus is on platform cleanliness, coach cleanliness, toilet cleanliness and track cleanliness," he said.
The cleanliness survey was carried out at 407 stations, of which 75 were in A-1 category or most busy stations and 332 were in A category.
Recommended For You
- Mooney Stars as Australia Crush England to Retain Women's Ashes
- Bigg Boss 11: Benafsha Soonawalla Wants Priyank Sharma to Admit They are in Love; Twitter Calls Her 'Desperate'
- Sakshi Malik Wants to Emulate Inspirational Sushil Kumar’s Olympic Achievements
- Designer Duo Gauri-Nainika's Debut Shoe Range Is The Ultimate Party Footwear You Were Looking For
- OnePlus 5T Launch Set For Tonight: Here's What The Bezel-Less Smartphone Will Offer