Darsheel Safary out of 'Jhalak Dikkhla Jaa 5'
Darsheel is all of 16, but his age didn't deter him from trying new and innovative dance forms.
Mumbai: Child star Darsheel Safary's journey on the fifth season of dance reality show 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' came to an end as he was voted out of the show Saturday night.
Darsheel, who rose to fame for his role as a dyslexic child Ishaan in Aamir Khan's 'Taare Zameen Par', was the first child artist to be introduced in the dance show alongside other adult contestants, from the field of sports and showbiz.
He was paired with young dancer Avneet Kaur, while Jai Kumar Nair of 'Dance India Dance' fame was roped in as their choreographer.
Darsheel is all of 16, but his age didn't deter him from trying new and innovative dance forms - from Afro Jazz, Lyrical Hip-Hop to Aerial and Kalaripayattu and Indian semi-classical and Kathak. The youngest contestant on the show turned out to be a tough competitor to other celebrities.
He was one of the favourites of judges Madhuri Dixit, Remo D'Souza and Karan Johar, and Madhuri fondly called him 'chhota packet'.
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Arjun Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor Bring 'Bollywood Dance Raita' to New York
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against UN-Designated Terrorist Outfits
- 'Ironclad'. Yes, That's How Pentagon Sees US-Philippines Alliance
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18