Datawind launches UbiSlate tablets from Rs 2999
Both the Ubislate 7C and 7+ come with similar specifications but with different storage capacities.
New Delhi: Datawind, the company that made headlines with the Aakash tablet, has now announced the launch of two new 7-inch low-cost tablets - the Ubislate 7+ and Ubislate 7c with prices starting at Rs 2999 for the 7+. The 7c model will cost Rs 3,999.
Both the tablets come with similar specifications, only that the UbiSlate 7C comes with 4GB of internal flash memory compared to 2GB in the UbiSlate 7+, and the 7c has a capacitive touchscreen while the 7+ has a resistive screen.
Both the 7-inch tablets are powered by Cortex A8 800 Mhz processor, 256MB RAM and have an 800x480 pixel touchscreen. Datawind claims that the 3200 mAh battery will deliver upto 180 minutes of usage. The tablets run on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
The tablets have microUSB slots for memory expansion and also include an USB port, that can also be used for optional 3G USB modems.
For customers who have pre-booked the UbiSlate 7+ from the Datawind website, the shipments have already started, said the company and will continue for the next few months before retail availability. The UbiSlate 7C will be available from end of May.
Both the Datawind UbiSlate 7+ and the UbiSlate 7C tablets support WiFi and GPRS (SIM and phone functionality).
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District