'David': 'Dama Dam' song will be part of the film
Bejoy Nambiar says he had no intentions of hurting the religious sentiments of any community by using the song.
Mumbai: Filmmaker Bejoy Nambiar says he had no intentions of hurting the religious sentiments of any community by using the song "Dama dam mast kalandar" for his upcoming film 'David'. He also says the song will continue to be a part of the movie.
"I will stick to my statement. We have used this song because it is iconic and offers an instant connect with millions of people. In the film, the song is played during a wedding. There is no intention to hurt the religious sentiments of any community," Nambiar told IANS.
"The song will be very much part of the film and we will not be removing it," he added.
The use of the song was recently opposed to by few members of the Sindhi community, who complained against the number and requested the makers, Reliance Entertainment and Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) to take the song off air.
They complained that the way the song has been picturised - with lovemaking scenes and violence scenes - is not right.
The song features veteran actress Sarika.
The main cast of 'David', releasing Feb 1, includes Neil Nitin Mukesh, Vikram and Vinay Virmani among others.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology