DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
'David': 'Dama Dam' song will be part of the film
Bejoy Nambiar says he had no intentions of hurting the religious sentiments of any community by using the song.
Mumbai: Filmmaker Bejoy Nambiar says he had no intentions of hurting the religious sentiments of any community by using the song "Dama dam mast kalandar" for his upcoming film 'David'. He also says the song will continue to be a part of the movie.
"I will stick to my statement. We have used this song because it is iconic and offers an instant connect with millions of people. In the film, the song is played during a wedding. There is no intention to hurt the religious sentiments of any community," Nambiar told IANS.
"The song will be very much part of the film and we will not be removing it," he added.
The use of the song was recently opposed to by few members of the Sindhi community, who complained against the number and requested the makers, Reliance Entertainment and Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) to take the song off air.
They complained that the way the song has been picturised - with lovemaking scenes and violence scenes - is not right.
The song features veteran actress Sarika.
The main cast of 'David', releasing Feb 1, includes Neil Nitin Mukesh, Vikram and Vinay Virmani among others.
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pro Kabaddi League Auction: Nitin Tomar Becomes Highest Paid Player
- Harbhajan Wants Zaheer to Become Team India's Bowling Coach