'David' earns Rs 1.52 crore in two days
Bejoy Nambiar's 'David' doesn't seem to impress at the box office.
New Delhi: Bejoy Nambiar's Bollywood debut 'Shaitan' did wonders for the filmmaker, but his second offering doesn't seem to impress at the box office. The Hindi version of 'David' was released this Friday and the film has open to a low response at the ticket window. Within two days of its release, the film has been able to earn only Rs 1.52 crore.
Trade Analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted, "David [Hindi version] Fri 69 lacs, Sat 83 lacs. Total: Rs 1.52 cr."
The film revolves around the lives of three men named David played by Neil Nitin Mukesh, Vinay Virmani, Vikram. The film also stars Lara Dutta, Tabu and Isha Sharvani in pivotal roles.
The film recently entered into a controversy over the 'Ya Hussain' song for offending the sentiments of Muslim community, which was later deleted by the director.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards