DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
David Ferrer advances to third round at Wimbledon
Ferrer advanced with a scrappy 6-3, 3-6, 7-6 (4), 7-5 win over Roberto Bautista Agut.
London: Fourth-seeded David Ferrer won an all-Spanish encounter against Roberto Bautista Agut on Friday to reach the third round at Wimbledon for a sixth consecutive year.
Ferrer advanced with a scrappy 6-3, 3-6, 7-6 (4), 7-5 win in a match originally scheduled for Thursday but pushed back because of rain. He will next face No. 26 Alexandr Dolgopolov.
After losing in the French Open final to Rafael Nadal, Ferrer has struggled to switch from clay to grass. As the defending champion he lost in the first round at Rosmalen in his warmup tournament for Wimbledon and then was taken to four sets in his first-round match here.
Ferrer said "I feel better than in the first day and last week. I'm improving my game on these courts."
Ferrer's best result at Wimbledon was reaching the quarterfinals last year.
Recommended For You
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet