DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
David Ferrer reaches Valencia Open quarter-finals
Ferrer, seeded No. 1 at the indoor tournament, used an effective serve plus four breaks of his 47th-ranked opponent.
Valencia: David Ferrer cruised to an easy 6-4, 6-2 victory over fellow Spaniard Albert Ramos to reach the quarter-finals of the Valencia Open on Thursday.
Ferrer, seeded No. 1 at the indoor tournament, used an effective serve plus four breaks of his 47th-ranked opponent in a much easier match after a labored first-round victory. The fifth-ranked Spaniard next faces Nicolas Almagro, who defeated American Sam Querrey 6-4, 6-7 (4), 6-0.
Marcel Granollers continued his dominance of Gilles Simon with a 6-7 (4), 6-3, 6-2 victory that was the reigning champion's fourth victory in five career meetings.
Granollers plays Alexandr Dolgopolov in the last eight after the Ukrainian beat Gilles Muller of Luxembourg 6-4, 6-4.
Also, Jurgen Melzer beat Xavier Malisse 7-5, 6-2.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh