David Ferrer reaches Valencia Open quarter-finals
Ferrer, seeded No. 1 at the indoor tournament, used an effective serve plus four breaks of his 47th-ranked opponent.
Valencia: David Ferrer cruised to an easy 6-4, 6-2 victory over fellow Spaniard Albert Ramos to reach the quarter-finals of the Valencia Open on Thursday.
Ferrer, seeded No. 1 at the indoor tournament, used an effective serve plus four breaks of his 47th-ranked opponent in a much easier match after a labored first-round victory. The fifth-ranked Spaniard next faces Nicolas Almagro, who defeated American Sam Querrey 6-4, 6-7 (4), 6-0.
Marcel Granollers continued his dominance of Gilles Simon with a 6-7 (4), 6-3, 6-2 victory that was the reigning champion's fourth victory in five career meetings.
Granollers plays Alexandr Dolgopolov in the last eight after the Ukrainian beat Gilles Muller of Luxembourg 6-4, 6-4.
Also, Jurgen Melzer beat Xavier Malisse 7-5, 6-2.
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan