David Ferrer reaches Valencia Open quarter-finals
Ferrer, seeded No. 1 at the indoor tournament, used an effective serve plus four breaks of his 47th-ranked opponent.
Valencia: David Ferrer cruised to an easy 6-4, 6-2 victory over fellow Spaniard Albert Ramos to reach the quarter-finals of the Valencia Open on Thursday.
Ferrer, seeded No. 1 at the indoor tournament, used an effective serve plus four breaks of his 47th-ranked opponent in a much easier match after a labored first-round victory. The fifth-ranked Spaniard next faces Nicolas Almagro, who defeated American Sam Querrey 6-4, 6-7 (4), 6-0.
Marcel Granollers continued his dominance of Gilles Simon with a 6-7 (4), 6-3, 6-2 victory that was the reigning champion's fourth victory in five career meetings.
Granollers plays Alexandr Dolgopolov in the last eight after the Ukrainian beat Gilles Muller of Luxembourg 6-4, 6-4.
Also, Jurgen Melzer beat Xavier Malisse 7-5, 6-2.
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves
- OnePlus Diwali Dash Sale Live: Win OnePlus 3 at Re 1
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official