DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Davis Cup: No Radek Stepanek in QF opening singles
The Czechs are already without injured world No. 6 Tomas Berdych, while Stepanek is coming back from neck surgery.
Astana: Czech Republic have rested Radek Stepanek and chose Jan Hajek and Lukas Rosol to try to give the Davis Cup defending champions a good start against hosts Kazakhstan in the opening singles of their quarterfinal on Friday.
The Czechs are already without injured world No. 6 Tomas Berdych, while Stepanek, who earned the winning point in the final against Spain last year, is coming back from neck surgery in January and unable to play all three days on the indoor clay-court.
Stepanek was drawn on Thursday for Saturday's doubles. Hajek will open the tie against Mikhail Kukushkin, followed by Rosol against Andrey Golubev.
The winner will play either Argentina or France in the semifinals in September.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Don't Enjoy the Same 'Privileges' As Dhoni, Says Harbhajan Singh
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Sudirman Cup: India Lose 0-3 to China in Quarters
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835