DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Davis Cup: Switzerland beat Ecuador 3-0
Switzerland retained their Davis Cup world group status on Saturday, winning the doubles rubber against Ecuador.
Neuchatel, Switzerland: Switzerland retained their Davis Cup world group status on Saturday, winning the doubles rubber against Ecuador to take a decisive 3-0 lead in their relegation playoff.
Stanislas Wawrinka and Michael Lammer completed a 6-3, 6-4, 3-6, 6-7 (7), 6-4 victory against Emilio Gomez and Roberto Quiroz on an indoor hard court surface.
The Swiss pair let two match-point chances slip in the fourth-set tiebreaker before taking their first chance in the fifth.
Lammer was paired with Wawrinka after the US Open semifinalist and Marco Chiudinelli won Friday's opening singles.
Swiss No. 1 Roger Federer skipped the Davis Cup this year and has given no indication he will return to the team event next season.
The 2014 world group draw is on Wednesday.
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Video - Remembering Nicky Hayden, the Nicest Man in Grand Prix Racing
- Pro Kabaddi League Auction: Nitin Tomar Becomes Highest Paid Player
- Sangakkara Announces Retirement From First Class Cricket