DDA flat likely for family of Delhi braveheart
The middle income group Delhi Development Authority flat costing around Rs 50 lakh would be alloted from the vacant pool, sources said.
New Delhi: Government is likely to allot a flat to the family of the 23-year-old girl who was gangraped and brutally assaulted in a moving bus in New Delhi last December. The middle income group Delhi Development Authority (DDA) flat costing around Rs 50 lakh would be alloted from the vacant pool, sources said.
The proposal has been mooted by the Urban Development ministry for cabinet's approval. The issue of allotting a flat for the victim's family, which hails from Ballia in UP, had come up during a visit by UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi earlier this month to their residence in New Delhi.
The girl, a paramedic student, was gangraped by six people and brutally assaulted on December 16 triggering a massive nationwide uproar.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology