DDA flat applicants demand CBI inquiry
An applicant claims DDA housing scheme has taken people for a ride.
New Delhi: Lakhs of miffed Delhi Development Authority (DDA) flat applicants are up in arms against the procedure adopted by the authority in the draw of lots and have demanded a CBI inquiry into the scam.
Alleging that the entire procedure adopted by the DDA was tailor-made to help banks and some builders to earn money, a member of newly formed DDA Flat Applicants Association, Ritesh Dewan, said,''there should be a CBI inquiry as the whole deal smells rotten. DDA in the name of affordable housing scheme has taken lakhs of people for a ride and duped us of our hard earned money.''
Another applicant Ms Richa Bhatia said,''More than 5.6 lakh people applied for the DDA housing scheme in September last and banks offered easy loans for the purpose and earned crores of rupees as interest.''
The draw was rigged in a manner that few of DDA's choice were benefited and other innocent people were taken for a ride, she added.
Demanding their interest amount back, another applicant Madan Kumar Minotra said ,''the result of the draw shows the connivance of DDA officials and the property dealers as most of the beneficiaries are fictitious.
''The banks and DDA used our money, which should be refunded,'' he alleged.
- OnePlus Diwali Dash Sale Live: Win OnePlus 3 at Re 1
- OnePlus Announces Re 1 Diwali Dash Sale: All You Need to Know
- Amazon Great Indian Festive Sale: Top 5 Deals on Smartphones
- Diwali Sale: Flipkart and Amazon in a War of Words
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- Had Opposed MNS's Rs 5 Crore Demand in Meeting: Fadnavis
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 5