De Villota crash shook team up, says Charles Pic
Pic says the crash in testing that left de Villota critically injured had a powerful effect on the team.
Moscow: Formula One driver Charles Pic says the crash in testing that left Marussia test driver Maria de Villota critically injured had a powerful effect on the team, but has not made him fear for his safety in the sport.
De Villota remains in hospital after suffering severe facial injuries in the July 3 crash at Duxford airfield in Britain, including the loss of her right eye.
In an interview with R-Sport, the Frenchman was asked whether the accident had raised new fears about the sport's safety for him.
"Honestly, I'm not thinking like that because of course motor racing is dangerous, but it's also my passion, so no," Pic said late Friday.
"I and all the team were really affected by what's happened. I think it's normal, but the most important thing is that now she's getting better, she's recovering well."
Pic, 22, partners Germany's Timo Glock at Marussia.
His best results so far are two 15th places in the Australian and European Grands Prix.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner