DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
'Dead' girl appears in court
A girl declared dead appeared in court accusing her family of trying to sell her.
Bijnor: A girl, declared dead and even buried by her family, suddenly appeared before a local court accusing her family of trying to sell her.
18-year-old Chandani left home on May 5 and was missing since then, her mother Rashida Khatoon had claimed.
After the incident, body of a young girl was recovered from a lake by the police on Nehtaur-Noorpur road on May 6 and Rashida identified it as her daughter's, officials said.
Police, after getting the post mortem done, handed over the body to her family who gave it a burial. However, on Monday, Chandani appeared in the court of acting Chief Judicial Magistrate Dinesh Kumar and said that she was alive.
The girl alleged that the FIR lodged by her family about her eloping with a youth named in the case was false.
Chandani said that she had left her house on her own and alleged that her parents had planned to sell her to an elderly person for money.
The girl said that when she resisted, her parents thrashed her and so she ran away from her home in anger. After reading about her death in the newspapers, Chandani returned.
The acting CJM has sought a report from the Nehtaur police in the case on the next hearing in the case on May 11.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet