Dead woman married twice in China
Wu sold their daughter's dead body to a Liu who wanted to perform a "yin marriage",a marriage between two dead bodies.
Beijing Investigators in China's Hebei province are shocked after coming across a bizarre incident in which a woman's corpse was married twice.
During 2012 Spring Festival , a family surnamed Wu sold their daughter's dead body for 35,000 yuan ($5,557) to a man surnamed Liu who wanted to perform a "yin marriage" - a marriage between two dead bodies - between the Wu's daughter and Liu's younger brother, the Global Times reported.
After the 'wedding', the two deceased lovebirds were buried in a single tomb.
But later it was discovered that the tomb had been destroyed and Wu's body was missing. Enraged, Liu immediately reported about the disappearance of his missing "sister-in-law" to the police.
A few weeks later, police tracked down five men, accusing them of exhuming and stealing the body of the girl to marry her off again, for a sum of 30,000 yuan, to another family, surnamed Li.
This family was also in search of a corpse for one of their deceased male family members.
The case is being further probed.
Recommended For You
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology