Death toll in Mumbai blast rises to 27
Prashant Joshi, injured in Zaveri Bazaar blast, died on Thursday afternoon while undergoing treatment.
Mumbai: A 34-year-old man, who had sustained severe burn and head injuries during one of the three blasts in the city on July 13, died on Thursday at a local hospital, taking the death toll to 27.
"Prashant Joshi, injured in Zaveri Bazaar blast, died this afternoon while undergoing treatment," TP Lahane, Dean of J J hospital said.
Splinters used in the explosion had pierced into Joshi's body. Besides, he had sustained severe burn injuries, he said.
Splinters had hit his brain and he had undergone operation while two of his fingers of right hand were removed.
"He was in a critical condition for the past few days. This afternoon at around 2.50 pm, Joshi breathed his last," he added.
Seventeen people died on the spot in the three blasts at Zaveri Bazar, Opera House and Dadar Kabutarkhana on the evening of July 13. While nine among those injured died subsequently in various hospitals while undergoing treatment.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines