Deepika sashays down ramp at WIFW, vows crowd twice
Model-turned-actress for one part wore a dress that showed off her long legs.
New Delhi: Actress Deepika Padukone sashayed down the ramp for top designers Rana Gill and Rina Dhaka at the ongoing Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) and charmed the audience late on Saturday night.
The theme of the show, sponsored by Fiama Di Wills, was Nature Meets Science. While Rana was inspired by rich colours, Rina's work symbolised technology and science, bringing together different motifs and textures in her range.
Deepika donned a light pink printed gown with a corset top for Rana's show late Saturday while for Rana's collection, the model-turned-actress sported a short cream dress, showing off her long legs.
Elaborating on her collection, Rana told IANS that the real inspiration behind her line were peacock colours.
"This time I have tried to do some experimentation and do some thing different. Even though my signature prints are very prominent here but I have used loads of solids this time," Rana said.
"I have also used a lot of peacock colours like emerald green, wine berry and medieval blues," she added.
The fabrics she used were suede, silk and velvet. The line comprised long dresses, draped dresses, overcoats and fluid pants with little embroidery.
Rina's collection focused mainly on technology to create new textures.
Science, according to her, has changed everything and one can easily forget traditional designs. For Rina, it is time to reinterpret old fashion.
Her collection was a mix of dresses, coats, short dresses and the colour palette ranged from black to brown and from white to cream.
- Samajwadi Party Truce: Akhilesh Yadav to Reinstate Shivpal Yadav, 3 Ministers
- Akhilesh Fantastic CM but Needs Time to Be Mass Leader: Amar Singh
- Indian-American Governors Bobby Jindal, Nikki Haley Insulted by Trump
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- Aamir Wanted to Play Max in Josh but I Had SRK in Mind: Mansoor Khan
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast