Deepti Naval: I love Sanjay Leela Bhansali's cinema
Meanwhile, Deepti is excited to team up with Farooq Sheikh for an upcoming film titled 'Listen Amaya'.
Mumbai: Noted actress Deepti Naval says she is a great fan of filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali and wanted to be part of his last directorial venture 'Guzaarish'.
"I love the kind of films Sanjay Leela Bhansali makes. I don't know about the public and the industry but I am an all-time Sanjay Leela Bhansali fan. His cinema is completely stylised and commercial and yet hugely experimental. I love
his cinema," Deepti told PTI here.
Bhansali, the maker of movies like 'Khamoshi', 'Devdas' and 'Black', has dealt with intense subjects in his films. His last release as director 'Guzaarish' explored the life of a paraplegic and dealt with the seious issue of euthanasia.
On which of Bhansali's films she wished to be a part of, Deepti said, "I would have loved to be a part of 'Guzaarish'."
Meanwhile, the actress is excited to team up with eminent actor Farooq Sheikh for an upcoming film titled 'Listen Amaya'.
"I was excited about working with Farooq again as we have done really some memorable films together like 'Chashme Baddoor', 'Katha', 'Saath Saath', 'Rang Birangi', 'Ek Baar Chale Aao' and 'Kisi Se Na Kehna'. I have always enjoyed
working with him. In this film it was great working with him after such a long time," she said.
"My two favourite actors are Naseeruddin Shah and Farooq Sheikh. I am happy that I got to work with them," she said.
Even though Deepti and Sheikh have worked together in several films but the two never stayed in touch often. "We were not really in touch until we met at a function. It was not that we were like friends remaining in touch," Naval said.
'Listen Amaya' is about the relationship between a middle-aged widow essayed by Deepti and her daughter, played by Swara Bhaskar of 'Tanu Weds Manu' fame, and what happens when the mother falls in love with a 60-year-old retired photographer, played by Sheikh.
On the chemistry, the actress says, "We are just so natural... when we are in front of the camera it all happens... it all comes out spontaneously. The natural chemistry is still there between us."
Directed by debutant director Avinash Kumar Singh, the film releases on February 1.
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- BSF Says 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist Killed in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Meet the Man Who is Giving Music to Akhilesh's Campaign as Samajwadi Party Gets Lost in Surround Sound
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18