Defect found in Microsoft Surface tablet Touch Cover
Microsoft appears to be addressing this issue by offering replacements for these covers at no extra cost.
New Delhi: One of the major features of Microsoft's Surface tablet, apart from the new operating system, is its key accessory, the Touch Cover, which features an integrated keyboard. However, early adopters of the tablet who have this accessory are facing some issues with the Touch Cover where it splits at the seams, exposing some of its internal wiring in the process.
A report by The Guardian states that early users of the Touch Cover of Microsoft's Surface tablet say one of the edges that magnetically connect to the device split at the seam, and this case has been witnessed by a number of users a few days after they started using it.
The report states that it is unclear whether the problems that people have encountered are due to a faulty batch or are a subtle problem that will become more apparent as more people use it for longer. The fact that users in the US and the UK have reported the problem suggests that it is not isolated to a single manufacturing batch.
The report notes that Microsoft appears to be addressing this issue by offering replacements for these covers at no extra cost. However, with the Surface tablet aiming to make a mark for itself in the tablet segment, this may deter buyers from purchasing this accessory that can come in extremely handy while using this slate.
To read more visit: www.tech2.com
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- 1st Test: Vijay, Pujara Put India in Command Against NZ on Day 3
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Arjun Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor Bring 'Bollywood Dance Raita' to New York