Del Potro gets wild card for Monte Carlo Masters
Seventh-ranked Juan Martin del Potro of Argentina has been given a wild card into the Monte Carlo Masters this month.
Monaco: Seventh-ranked Juan Martin del Potro of Argentina has been given a wild card into the Monte Carlo Masters this month.
Tournament director Zeljko Franulovic announced the decision on Tuesday, having recently awarded a wild card to Frenchman Gael Monfils, whose ATP ranking has dropped to No. 104 after a year affected by knee injuries.
Novak Djokovic will play in the April 13-21 clay-court tournament. The top-ranked Serb lost last year's final to Rafael Nadal, who will be bidding for his ninth straight Monte Carlo title.
Third-ranked Roger Federer is skipping the event, but No. 2 Andy Murray, No. 4 David Ferrer and No. 6 Tomas Berdych will compete.
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Glad Tutak Tutak Tutiya Being Compared With Bhool Bhulaiyaa: Prabhu Deva
- Prabhu Deva is the Sweetest Person in the Industry: Farah Khan
- Happy Birthday Lata Mangeshkar: Key Moments of Her Life You Might Not be Aware of
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming