DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Del Potro to feature in French Open
The No. 27th-ranked player was forced to pull out of a third-round match against Rafael Nadal.
Buenos Aires: Former U.S. Open champion Juan Martin del Potro of Argentina says he has recovered from a hip injury and will play at the French Open.
The No. 27th-ranked player was forced to pull out of a third-round match against Rafael Nadal at this month's Madrid Open because of the injury.
Del Potro, the 2009 U.S. Open champion, sent a message to his Twitter account Tuesday saying his recovery was down to hard work. "See you in Paris," he tweeted.
Del Potro's best performance at the French Open was a semifinals appearance in 2009. After reaching a career-high no. 4 in the rankings, he missed much of the 2010 season with a wrist injury.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi