DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Delhi: 11 government hospitals have no fire clearance
However, Delhi Health Minister AK Walia said the hospitals will get the No-Objection fire safety certificate by June 10.
New Delhi: A total of 11 government hospitals in Delhi do not have no-objection fire safety (NOC) certificate, Delhi Health Minister AK Walia said in New Delhi.
"We have 39 hospitals out of which 11 hospitals do not have fire safety (NOC) certificates," Walia said here.
However, he said, the remaining hospitals will get the No-Objection fire safety certificate by June 10.
"Out of 11, six hospitals have already applied for the certificate and all hospital should get the certificates by June 10," he told reporters here.
Meanwhile, Walia set up a panel to look in the incident of fire that broke out on the sixth floor of the Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital here Wednesday. No casualties were reported.
The blaze erupted in the 1,000-bed hospital around 11:00 am in an air-conditioning duct and spread after some old mattresses caught fire, a fire official said.
Police said a short circuit in the air-conditioning duct may have sparked the fire. Eighteen fire tenders overcame the flames after some 20 minutes.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet