Delhi: 9 Metro stations to remain closed on Tuesday
The Metro stations which will remain closed include Pragati Maidan, Mandi House, Barakhamba Road, Rajiv Chowk, Patel Chowk and Central Secretariat.
New Delhi: Nine Metro stations in Central Delhi will continue to remain closed on Tuesday as per a Delhi Police directive to prevent protesters from reaching India Gate.
The nine stations, including the perennially busy Rajiv Chowk, would continue to remain closed on Tuesday as well, DMRC officials said on Monday night. They said the decision was taken as per directions from Delhi Police.
The Metro stations which will remain closed are Pragati Maidan, Mandi House, Barakhamba Road, Rajiv Chowk, Patel Chowk, Central Secretariat, Udyog Bhawan, Race Course and Khan Market.
These stations remained closed on Monday as well though some gates were opened late in the evening. Commuters were put to lot of inconvenience due to the shutdown on Monday.
The measures were taken following Sunday's pitched battles at Rajpath and India Gate between police personnel and protesters agitating over the rape of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus in the national capital last Sunday night.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology