DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Delhi: AIIMS student allegedly commits suicide
Himanshu Katara, second year MBBS student, was found hanging from the ceiling in his hostel room in AIIMS campus at around 11:30 am.
New Delhi: A second year MBBS student allegedly committed suicide in ll India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) hostel here on Tuesday morning, hospital and police officials said.
Himanshu Katara was found hanging from the ceiling in his hostel room in AIIMS campus at around 11:30 am by his two friends. According to an AIIMS statement, two of Katara's friends went to the backside of his room and peeped through the window only to see the student hanging from ceiling.
"They informed other students and hostel warden who rushed to the spot. Police was also informed," a senior police official said.
"The student was found hanging and the body was cold with no sign of life. The warden immediately informed his mother and sister about the incident," the AIIMS statement said. He was rushed to AIIMS casualty where he was declared brought dead.
"Katara was known to be a good student and his colleagues always found him friendly, cheerful and very social. He was always active and took part in various cultural and extra- curricular activities," the statement said. Police are probing the incident.
Recommended For You
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Did Priyanka Just Talk About Her Relationship With SRK?
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh Joins Squad After Illness
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong