Delhi: AIIMS student allegedly commits suicide
Himanshu Katara, second year MBBS student, was found hanging from the ceiling in his hostel room in AIIMS campus at around 11:30 am.
New Delhi: A second year MBBS student allegedly committed suicide in ll India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) hostel here on Tuesday morning, hospital and police officials said.
Himanshu Katara was found hanging from the ceiling in his hostel room in AIIMS campus at around 11:30 am by his two friends. According to an AIIMS statement, two of Katara's friends went to the backside of his room and peeped through the window only to see the student hanging from ceiling.
"They informed other students and hostel warden who rushed to the spot. Police was also informed," a senior police official said.
"The student was found hanging and the body was cold with no sign of life. The warden immediately informed his mother and sister about the incident," the AIIMS statement said. He was rushed to AIIMS casualty where he was declared brought dead.
"Katara was known to be a good student and his colleagues always found him friendly, cheerful and very social. He was always active and took part in various cultural and extra- curricular activities," the statement said. Police are probing the incident.
- PM Modi Understands Pain of Our People: Baloch leader
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- PM Modi Appreciates Those Revealing Undisclosed Income
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Cauvery Row: Karnataka Firm, Calls Legislature Session to Decide on SC Order
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- Honest Officers Being Removed Systematically: Kejriwal
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now