Delhi: Aspiring model found murdered at friend's place
The body of Sumit Tiwari was stuffed in a large plastic bag and was found at a scriptwriter's rented house.
New Delhi: A 21-year-old youth, aspiring to become a model and a TV actor, was found murdered at his friend's house here Saturday evening, police said. He was abducted two days ago.
The body of Sumit Tiwari was stuffed in a large plastic bag and was found at his friend and a scriptwriter Shanti Verma's rented house in Mandawli in east Delhi, police said. The body bore injury marks.
Police were trying to locate and question Verma. "Tiwari was missing from his house in Karawal Nagar in east Delhi since February 21," said a police officer.
The victim's father had lodged a complaint after receiving a ransom call for Rs 2 lakh, police said. Tiwari completed an acting course three months back from a private college in Noida. He was looking forward to become a model and TV actor, an officer said.
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- Need to Create Pressure for Longer Spells, Says NZ Coach Mike Hesson
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- Siddaramaiah Says Not Possible To Release Water Right Away
- Cauvery Row: Release Water to Tamil Nadu, SC tells Karnataka