DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Delhi-bound AI plane diverted to Nagpur due to engine problem
The Airbus 321 aircraft took off from Vishakhapatnam around 9.00 am but after 90 minutes in air, the pilots witnessed fluctuations in the engine parameters.
Nagpur: A Delhi-bound Air India plane from Visakhapatnam with 174 passengers and crew onboard was forced to land midway in Nagpur on Monday after pilots detected problem in its engine.
"The Air India flight AI 452 made an unscheduled landing here after the aircraft developed a technical problem," Dr Babasaheb international airport director AK Verma told PTI.
The Airbus 321 aircraft took off from Vishakhapatnam around 9.00 am as per schedule but after 90 minutes in air, the pilots witnessed fluctuations in the engine parameters on the instrument panel in the cockpit, an Air India spokesperson said in Delhi.
Keeping in mind the safety of passengers, the pilots decided to land the plane at the nearest airport Nagpur, the spokesperson said, adding it was a normal landing. The plane landed safely at 11.10 am and a relief flight, with manpower and material, was immediately rushed here.
The passengers flew to Delhi on another plane, the spokesperson said.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande