Delhi: Boy commits suicide over poor academic performance
The victim was upset over his poor academic performance, the police said.
New Delhi: A 17-year-old Class 11 boy, whose father is a head constable, committed suicide by jumping off the fourth floor of his school building in New Delhi on Tuesday, police said. Parvesh Dahiya jumped off the building of Modern Public school in south Delhi's Dwarka Sector-3 around 10:30 am.
The victim was upset over his poor academic performance, said police. Victim's father Virender Dahiya, who works in Delhi Police, said that his family never put pressure on the boy to score better marks. The victim asked his teacher to go to the medical room to take a pill as he was having a head ache.
"The teacher allowed him to leave. Instead of going to the medical room Pravesh went to the terrace and jumped off," said police. Police were trying to ascertain if the boy was being pressured by his teachers to perform well.
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Schizophrenia Can't be Ground for Halting Death Penalty, Says Pakistan SC Citing Indian Judgment
- 2nd Test: Fit-Again Younis Khan Leads Pakistan's Charge Against WI
- BSF Says 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist Killed in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18