Delhi: Boy commits suicide over poor academic performance
The victim was upset over his poor academic performance, the police said.
New Delhi: A 17-year-old Class 11 boy, whose father is a head constable, committed suicide by jumping off the fourth floor of his school building in New Delhi on Tuesday, police said. Parvesh Dahiya jumped off the building of Modern Public school in south Delhi's Dwarka Sector-3 around 10:30 am.
The victim was upset over his poor academic performance, said police. Victim's father Virender Dahiya, who works in Delhi Police, said that his family never put pressure on the boy to score better marks. The victim asked his teacher to go to the medical room to take a pill as he was having a head ache.
"The teacher allowed him to leave. Instead of going to the medical room Pravesh went to the terrace and jumped off," said police. Police were trying to ascertain if the boy was being pressured by his teachers to perform well.
Recommended For You
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner