Delhi: Boy commits suicide over poor academic performance
The victim was upset over his poor academic performance, the police said.
New Delhi: A 17-year-old Class 11 boy, whose father is a head constable, committed suicide by jumping off the fourth floor of his school building in New Delhi on Tuesday, police said. Parvesh Dahiya jumped off the building of Modern Public school in south Delhi's Dwarka Sector-3 around 10:30 am.
The victim was upset over his poor academic performance, said police. Victim's father Virender Dahiya, who works in Delhi Police, said that his family never put pressure on the boy to score better marks. The victim asked his teacher to go to the medical room to take a pill as he was having a head ache.
"The teacher allowed him to leave. Instead of going to the medical room Pravesh went to the terrace and jumped off," said police. Police were trying to ascertain if the boy was being pressured by his teachers to perform well.
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Lenovo Sacks "Hundreds" of Employees at Motorola: Report
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?
- SRK Turns Into a DJ for Radio Show and His First Mix Will Leave You in Splits
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years
- Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh Clear Fitness Test in NCA
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Maruti Suzuki's 'MS Dhoni Inspired' Alto and Alto K10 Special Edition Unveiled