Delhi braveheart's mother collapses
The body of the braveheart was cremated early Sunday soon after it was flown in from Singapore.
New Delhi: The distraught mother of the 23-year-old braveheart, who succumbed to her massive injuries on Saturday that she had suffered during the brutal gangrape on December 16, collapsed and was admitted to Safdarjung Hospital after her daughter's body was taken away for last rites.
"As soon as the body was taken away for cremation, she collapsed," a neighbour of the family said. The braveheart's last rites were performed early Sunday soon after her body was flown in from Singapore.
Since last evening, a large number of people, mostly neighbours, had assembled outside the family's house in to condole the woman's death.
Police have slapped murder charges, which has death penalty in rarest of rare cases, against the six accused and will file the chargesheet against them on January 3. Investigators said they will seek the harshest punishment for the culprits.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology