Delhi braveheart's mother collapses
The body of the braveheart was cremated early Sunday soon after it was flown in from Singapore.
New Delhi: The distraught mother of the 23-year-old braveheart, who succumbed to her massive injuries on Saturday that she had suffered during the brutal gangrape on December 16, collapsed and was admitted to Safdarjung Hospital after her daughter's body was taken away for last rites.
"As soon as the body was taken away for cremation, she collapsed," a neighbour of the family said. The braveheart's last rites were performed early Sunday soon after her body was flown in from Singapore.
Since last evening, a large number of people, mostly neighbours, had assembled outside the family's house in to condole the woman's death.
Police have slapped murder charges, which has death penalty in rarest of rare cases, against the six accused and will file the chargesheet against them on January 3. Investigators said they will seek the harshest punishment for the culprits.
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Bigg Boss 9 Contestants Rochelle and Keith Are Spending Some Quality Time In Thailand
- Samajwadi Party Meeting Turns Into Family Drama After Akhilesh and Shivpal Spar In Public
- Samajwadi Party's Old Guard May Need Akhilesh's 'Youth Appeal' in 2017 Polls
- Samajwadi Party Rift: Mulayam Backs Amar, Shivpal; Meet Ends in Acrimony
- Mulayam Vs Akhilesh: Old Values Vs New Thinking