Delhi: CISF officer accidentally shoots at junior
Ruling out any foul play in the incident, a senior CISF official said the sub-inspector has been suspended.
New Delhi: In an accidental firing, a CISF officer on Wednesday injured his junior colleague during a mock-drill being conducted at a metro station in Delhi. The incident occurred at around 10:40 am at Rohini West metro station when a mock-drill was being conducted by the CISF, the Delhi Police and the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
During the drill, sub-inspector Sitaram fired an accidental shot from his 9mm pistol which hit constable Riptesh Tripathy in the lower abdomen. He was immediately taken to a hospital and is said to be out of danger.
"The sub-inspector has been suspended and a court of Inquiry has been ordered by the force," a senior official said, ruling out any foul play in the incident. The injured trooper, posted for Delhi Metro security, is now recuperating in a city hospital, the official said.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion