DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Delhi: CISF officer accidentally shoots at junior
Ruling out any foul play in the incident, a senior CISF official said the sub-inspector has been suspended.
New Delhi: In an accidental firing, a CISF officer on Wednesday injured his junior colleague during a mock-drill being conducted at a metro station in Delhi. The incident occurred at around 10:40 am at Rohini West metro station when a mock-drill was being conducted by the CISF, the Delhi Police and the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
During the drill, sub-inspector Sitaram fired an accidental shot from his 9mm pistol which hit constable Riptesh Tripathy in the lower abdomen. He was immediately taken to a hospital and is said to be out of danger.
"The sub-inspector has been suspended and a court of Inquiry has been ordered by the force," a senior official said, ruling out any foul play in the incident. The injured trooper, posted for Delhi Metro security, is now recuperating in a city hospital, the official said.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet