Delhi CM announces Rs 1 cr award for Sushil Kumar
Sushil Kumar is the first Indian wrestler to strike silver in wrestling competitions at Olympics.
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Sunday announced a reward of Rs 1 crore for wrestler Sushil Kumar, who created history by winning silver medal in London Olympics.
"I on behalf of every Delhiite congratulate Sushil Kumar for creating history by winning the silver medal. The whole country is proud of him for through his dedication and hardwork. He has brought laurels for the country," she said.
He is the first Indian wrestler to strike silver in wrestling competitions at Olympics.
"Every Indian is proud of his most ambitious feat. His dedication, hard work and apt training yielded good result. Sushil has brought laurels for Delhi and the country," she said.
Kumar recorded his name in the country's sports history annals by becoming the first ever sportsperson to win back-to-back individual Olympic medals, having won a bronze at the 2008 Beijing Games.
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Time to Stop All India-Pak Relations, Business, Sports, Cinema?