Delhi CM announces Rs 1 cr award for Sushil Kumar
Sushil Kumar is the first Indian wrestler to strike silver in wrestling competitions at Olympics.
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Sunday announced a reward of Rs 1 crore for wrestler Sushil Kumar, who created history by winning silver medal in London Olympics.
"I on behalf of every Delhiite congratulate Sushil Kumar for creating history by winning the silver medal. The whole country is proud of him for through his dedication and hardwork. He has brought laurels for the country," she said.
He is the first Indian wrestler to strike silver in wrestling competitions at Olympics.
"Every Indian is proud of his most ambitious feat. His dedication, hard work and apt training yielded good result. Sushil has brought laurels for Delhi and the country," she said.
Kumar recorded his name in the country's sports history annals by becoming the first ever sportsperson to win back-to-back individual Olympic medals, having won a bronze at the 2008 Beijing Games.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology