DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Delhi CM announces Rs 1 cr award for Sushil Kumar
Sushil Kumar is the first Indian wrestler to strike silver in wrestling competitions at Olympics.
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Sunday announced a reward of Rs 1 crore for wrestler Sushil Kumar, who created history by winning silver medal in London Olympics.
"I on behalf of every Delhiite congratulate Sushil Kumar for creating history by winning the silver medal. The whole country is proud of him for through his dedication and hardwork. He has brought laurels for the country," she said.
He is the first Indian wrestler to strike silver in wrestling competitions at Olympics.
"Every Indian is proud of his most ambitious feat. His dedication, hard work and apt training yielded good result. Sushil has brought laurels for Delhi and the country," she said.
Kumar recorded his name in the country's sports history annals by becoming the first ever sportsperson to win back-to-back individual Olympic medals, having won a bronze at the 2008 Beijing Games.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes