Delhi cops arrested in UP for kidnapping engineer
The four kidnappers, posing as officers of the CBI, had sought Rs 20 lakh as ransom.
Lucknow: Two policemen of the Delhi Police Crime Branch were arrested by Uttar Pradesh Police on Wednesday for kidnapping an engineer from Bijnor district, officials said.
The state police told IANS that four kidnappers, including two Delhi Police constables were arrested and Sushil Bansal recovered early on Wednesday from Rampur.
The four kidnappers, posing as officers of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), after kidnapping Bansal Tuesday, had sought Rs 20 lakh as ransom from his family.
Bijnor Superintendent of Police Pratinder Singh told IANS that Bansal, an engineer with the Uttar Pradesh Jal Nigam, was kidnapped by four people Tuesday night.
The kidnappers in a car told the engineer that they were officers of the CBI and had come from Delhi.
Minutes later the kidnappers called up the family of the engineer and sought the ransom money. Uttar Pradesh Police swung into action and put under surveillance the phone from which the call came.
The location of the callers was traced on the Bareilly highway near Rampur. The information was shared with the Rampur police which barricaded the entry and exit points to the city. They intercepted a car with five people - four kidnappers and the engineer early morning.
The four were immediately arrested and a pistol, fake ID cards of the CBI and some cartridges were recovered, police said. During interrogation the four were identified as Ajit Singh from Delhi, Mukesh Yadav from Ghaziabad, Harendra from Muzaffarnagar and Baldev from Rajasthan.
The police said Mukesh and Ajit are from the Crime Branch of Delhi Police.
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- India's Uri Payback, Pulls Out of Saarc, Has Saarc Itself Become Meaningless?
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- Talk and Terror Can't Go Together: MEA