DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Delhi elections: Repolling in Jangpura constituency today
<p>Repolling is being conducted at one of the polling booth in Janpura constituency on Saturday, two days after the Delhi Assembly polls were held on December 4.</p>
Repolling is being conducted at one of the polling booth in Janpura constituency on Saturday, two days after the Delhi Assembly polls were held on December 4.
Voters registered at the polling booth number 42 at Sarai Kale Khan MCD Primary School will have to cast their votes again on Saturday due to a defect in the Electronic Voting Machine (EVM), said an election official.
"Within one and half hours after the polling began on December 4, a problem was detected with the EVM in the polling booth 42 after which it was replaced. But today at 1 PM, we got an order from the office of Chief Electoral Officer to conduct a repoll at the booth," District Election Officer, New Delhi, A Abhiyankar said.
Abhiyankar said the residents of the area and various pockets have been informed through public announcements made through loud speakers and SMSs. "We have also called up the residents whose numbers are registered with us and informed them that they have to cast their ballot again tomorrow," he said.
Abhiyankar said 813 voters will have to cast their votes between 8 AM and 5 PM.
Recommended For You
- Sonam Kapoor Takes The Plunge In A Dreamy Gold Gown On Cannes Red Carpet
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Video - Remembering Nicky Hayden, the Nicest Man in Grand Prix Racing
- Pro Kabaddi League Auction: Nitin Tomar Becomes Highest Paid Player
- An Opportunity For Manchester United To Provide Healing Touch to Their City