Delhi: Father sent to jail for molesting 5-yr-old
The accused reportedly used to make his daughter sleep with him and thereafter would rape her.
New Delhi: A man has been sentenced to two years in jail for molesting his five-year-old daughter by a Delhi court which said the saviour has acted as a destroyer. While holding Parshuram guilty of outraging the modesty of his minor daughter, Additional Sessions Judge Nisha Saxena also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 upon him.
"In the instant case a father who is required to protect his daughter, cast his lustful eyes on his minor daughter aged five years and allegedly committed rape upon her, which is one of the most extreme forms of child abuse and results in serious and long term psychological trauma," the court said. According to the prosecution, Parshuram, a resident of Karawal Nagar in North East Delhi, had allegedly raped his daughter several times in June 2010 when his wife had gone to her parental house following a fight between them.
It said in the absence of his wife, the accused used to make her daughter sleep with him and thereafter would rape her. The victim had told the facts to her mother when she returned home and they approached the police, it had said. A case of rape was registered against the accused but the court convicted him for molesting the girl as the charge of rape could not be proved.
The court also rejected the convict's plea for leniency in sentencing. "In the instant case a biological father has outraged the modesty of his own little daughter aged five years. A saviour has acted as a destroyer. Convict in this case deserves to be given a deterrent punishment as any leniency shown to him would not only encourage further escalation of such crime but would also implicit the modesty of several innocent girls," the judge said.
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India