Fire tenders late, kids die in fire
Three children were burnt to death when their house made of cardboard caught fire in a Chankayapuri slum.
New Delhi: Three children were burnt to death when their house made of cardboard caught fire in the slums of the posh Chankayapuri area of Delhi on Sunday night.
The parents and two other siblings are fighting for their lives in the Ram Manohar Lohia hospital.
Eyewitnesses say that though the slum right behind the American embassy is barely five minutes away from the nearest fire station, fire brigades reached the scene almost an hour late.
By the time the fire tenders arrived on the spot, all the 60 houses in the slum had been burnt down.
The fire has once again raised the question of proper rehabilitation of slum dwellers in the city.
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- Philippines' Duterte Sparking Distress Around the World, Says US
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC and National Company Law Tribunal
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster May be Good for Tata Steel's UK Operations, Says Media
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Shapoorji Pallonji to Move Company Law Board Against Tatas
- Focus on Business, Market Leadership: Tata to Top Executives