Fire tenders late, kids die in fire
Three children were burnt to death when their house made of cardboard caught fire in a Chankayapuri slum.
New Delhi: Three children were burnt to death when their house made of cardboard caught fire in the slums of the posh Chankayapuri area of Delhi on Sunday night.
The parents and two other siblings are fighting for their lives in the Ram Manohar Lohia hospital.
Eyewitnesses say that though the slum right behind the American embassy is barely five minutes away from the nearest fire station, fire brigades reached the scene almost an hour late.
By the time the fire tenders arrived on the spot, all the 60 houses in the slum had been burnt down.
The fire has once again raised the question of proper rehabilitation of slum dwellers in the city.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion