Fire tenders late, kids die in fire
Three children were burnt to death when their house made of cardboard caught fire in a Chankayapuri slum.
New Delhi: Three children were burnt to death when their house made of cardboard caught fire in the slums of the posh Chankayapuri area of Delhi on Sunday night.
The parents and two other siblings are fighting for their lives in the Ram Manohar Lohia hospital.
Eyewitnesses say that though the slum right behind the American embassy is barely five minutes away from the nearest fire station, fire brigades reached the scene almost an hour late.
By the time the fire tenders arrived on the spot, all the 60 houses in the slum had been burnt down.
The fire has once again raised the question of proper rehabilitation of slum dwellers in the city.
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane