Delhi gangrape accused misbehaved with inmates, court told
The court directed the jail authorities to medically examine Akshay Thakur and inquire into the whole matter and file a report on Friday.
New Delhi: The Tihar Jail authorities on Thursday filed a complaint in a Delhi court trying the December 16, 2012 gangrape alleging that accused Akshay Thakur was misbehaving with and harassing fellow inmates. The accused denied the charge.
Jail officials said they received a complaint by a newly-admitted inmate against Thakur for allegedly misbehaving and violating rules and regulations. Thakur denied any wrongdoing and claimed jail officials were regularly beating him up.
Additional Session Judge Yogesh Khanna taking note of the complaints against Thakur, forwarded by the jail authorities, said: "A complaint filed by inmates of ward number 1 regarding misconduct and harassment in the prison by accused Akshay has been received."
"Application is moved on behalf of accused Akshay stating, inter alia, that he has been beaten by Mandeep Dahiya and Jitender Patel, both jail officials," the court said.
The court directed the jail authorities to medically examine Thakur and inquire into the whole matter and file a report on Friday.
"It is stated by counsel for Akshay that he has been beaten on his chest. His medical examination be got done. Jail superintendent is directed to inquire into the matter and file a report by tomorrow," the court said.
Thakur is in judicial custody along with other co-accused in the gang-rape in which a 23-year-old woman was brutally tortured and gangraped in a moving bus. She later died in a Singapore hospital.
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Ban on Pakistani Artistes No Solution to Terrorism: Karan Johar to MNS
- Karan Johar, Nimrat Kaur Praise Nikkhil Advani's TV Show
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Stills: The Trailer is All About Love, Friendship, Heartbreak
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years
- Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh Clear Fitness Test in NCA
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump