Delhi gangrape: Accused moves SC for shifting trial out of Delhi
Mukesh in his petition said that police and judicial officials are under pressure to pass an order according to the demand of the agitators.
New Delhi: One of the six accused in the December 16 gangrape and murder case has pleaded before the Supreme Court for shifting the trial outside Delhi saying that free and fair hearing is not possible here because of strong public sentiment against him. Mukesh, who has been charged with murder, gangrape and unnatural offences, submitted in his petition that in view of regular agitation, police and judicial officials are under pressure to pass an order according to the demand of the agitators and fair hearing is not possible.
"The sentiment has gone into the root of each home in Delhi by which even the judicial officers and state are not spared and in these circumstances, he cannot get justice in Delhi at all," the petition, filed through his advocate ML Sharma, said. "The case has been assigned to the fast track court which is going to start from January 21 and due to media reports and agitations conducted by the media and others and due to political statements and personal interest shown by the chief minister as well as various cabinet minister, judiciary is under pressure to work against the petitioner. Therefore the petitioner has filed the petition for transfer," it said.
"Due to media trial and day-to-day agitation, the subject matter has gone into the root of each house in Delhi. Petitioner's counsel is also under serious threat and even in the court room he has been declined to be heard properly," the petition said, pleading the apex court to transfer the criminal case Mathura in Uttar Pradesh.
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18