Delhi gangrape: Court invokes in-camera proceedings
The court fixed January 24 for arguments on framing of charges against the accused in the gangrape and murder case.
New Delhi: A fast-track court on Monday invoked in-camera proceedings in the December 16 Delhi gangrape case. The court also fixed January 24 for arguments on framing of charges against the accused in the brutal gangrape and murder case.
On the same day, the court will also give its order on the plea for a bone marrow test on the sixth accused, who is a minor.
Five of the accused, who have been charged with murder, rape and abduction, were produced before the court by the Delhi Police on Monday. The sixth accused, who is a minor, is slated to appear before the Juvenile Justice Board.
This came even as the Supreme Court on Monday agreed to hear the plea of one of the accused for shifting the trial to a place outside Delhi.
A bench headed by Chief Justice Altamas Kabir listed the matter for Tuesday after the advocate for accused Mukesh pleaded for an urgent hearing on the ground that free and fair hearing is not possible in New Delhi because of strong public sentiment against him.
Mukesh, who has been charged with murder, gangrape and unnatural offences, submitted in his petition that in view of regular agitation, police and judicial officials are allegedly under pressure to pass orders according to the demands of the agitators and fair hearing is not possible.
"The sentiment has gone into the root of each home in Delhi by which even the judicial officers and the state are not spared and in these circumstances, he cannot get justice in Delhi at all," the petition, filed through his advocate, said.
- Don't put Indo-Pak in Same Group of International Tournaments: BCCI
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- US Now has Very Little Influence on Pakistanâs Nuclear Policy: Hoodbhoy
- Afghanistan Defends India's Surgical Strikes Along LoC
- Pakistani Artistes Not Terrorists, They Have Visas: Salman Khan
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution