Delhi gangrape: Braveheart's mother to depose on Friday
The 23-year-old woman was brutally tortured and gangraped in the bus by five men and a juvenile. She later died in a Singapore hospital.
New Delhi: The mother of the Delhi braveheart will appear before the fast track court on Friday to depose as a prosecution witness. Meanwhile, the Tihar Jail Superintendent and medical officer also submitted their reports to Additional Session Judge Yogesh Khanna on the health condition of accused Vinay Sharma, who was admitted to the hospital following high fever.
The accused is now admitted to Lok Nayak Hospital and receiving medical treatment, the reports said. The report further said that doctors of the hospital are not on strike. The court Wednesday asked Tihar Jail authorities to appraise it whether doctors of the hospital, where Vinay is being treated are on strike.
Vinay's counsel had alleged that his client was being poisoned in jail and he be shifted to private hospital for proper treatment, as the doctors of the hospital, where he is admitted are on strike.
He has not attended court proceedings since May 8 due to his health issues. Sharma is being tried in December 16 gangrape case among others.
The 23-year-old woman was brutally tortured and gangraped in the bus by five men and a juvenile. She later died in a Singapore hospital. The juvenile is facing proceedings before a Juvenile Justice Board, while the four other accused were put up for trial in the fast track court. One of the accused died in jail, allegedly having committed suicide.
- Uran Terror Scare: Navi Mumbai Cops Call Off Search Operation
- Syrian, Russian Air Strikes Kill 25 Civilians in Syria, Says Human Rights Group
- Navy Calls off Search Operations in URAN; ATS, Police Continue the Hunt
- Police Release Sketch of Suspects Based on School Children's Description
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Nitish Kumar congratulates PM Modi, Indian Army for surgical strike across LoC - Pradesh18