Delhi gangrape: Braveheart's mother to depose on Friday
The 23-year-old woman was brutally tortured and gangraped in the bus by five men and a juvenile. She later died in a Singapore hospital.
New Delhi: The mother of the Delhi braveheart will appear before the fast track court on Friday to depose as a prosecution witness. Meanwhile, the Tihar Jail Superintendent and medical officer also submitted their reports to Additional Session Judge Yogesh Khanna on the health condition of accused Vinay Sharma, who was admitted to the hospital following high fever.
The accused is now admitted to Lok Nayak Hospital and receiving medical treatment, the reports said. The report further said that doctors of the hospital are not on strike. The court Wednesday asked Tihar Jail authorities to appraise it whether doctors of the hospital, where Vinay is being treated are on strike.
Vinay's counsel had alleged that his client was being poisoned in jail and he be shifted to private hospital for proper treatment, as the doctors of the hospital, where he is admitted are on strike.
He has not attended court proceedings since May 8 due to his health issues. Sharma is being tried in December 16 gangrape case among others.
The 23-year-old woman was brutally tortured and gangraped in the bus by five men and a juvenile. She later died in a Singapore hospital. The juvenile is facing proceedings before a Juvenile Justice Board, while the four other accused were put up for trial in the fast track court. One of the accused died in jail, allegedly having committed suicide.
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Bigg Boss 9 Contestants Rochelle and Keith Are Spending Some Quality Time In Thailand
- Army Officials Reject Raj Thackeray's Welfare Fund Proposal
- How Samajwadi Party Will Look Like it Splits
- Samajwadi Party's Old Guard May Need Akhilesh's 'Youth Appeal' in 2017 Polls
- Samajwadi Party Rift: Mulayam Backs Amar, Shivpal; Meet Ends in Acrimony
- Mulayam Singh Should Become UP Chief Minister, Urges Shivpal