Delhi gangrape victim off the ventilator, say doctors
The platelet count and the pulse rate of the victim is stable, though her liver is in a very bad condition.
New Delhi: The Delhi gangrape victim, who is currently battling for life at the Safdarjung Hospital in the national capital, is showing mixed response to the treatment and has been taken off the ventilator. The information was given by Dr BD Athani, the medical superintendent at the hospital.
Furnishing the details of the health condition of the victim, Dr Athani further said that she is conscious and her pulse rate is normal. Also, the platelet count of the victim is stable while her bilirubin and lymphocyte counts have also gone up.
However, the white blood cell count of the victim has gone down and her liver is not in a good condition, said the doctors treating her at the Safdarjung Hospital. "We are supplying her food through intravenous because of no intestine...Her white blood cell count has really gone down and liver's condition is not good," said Dr Athani.
He further appealed to keep the hospital premises clean of any kind of protest, asserting that trespassing was not allowed. "I appeal to leave the patient to recover...trespassing is not allowed. The parents also are appealing not to over-engage them in conversation, let them take care of their daughter," said the doctor.
Mentioning that the victim had not been given any blood or platelet externally in the last 24 hours, the doctor said that the next two or three days would be very crucial for the victim.
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher